The Unexpected

When people think of the term "best friend" they usually imagine two people growing up together from a very young age and sticking together through it all. My best friend and I haven't known each other since we were babies. Our friendship was out of the blue, or unexpected. I started 9th grade not knowing anyone at my new performing arts high school. I went the first year and a half with a small friend group and a "best friend" who was in my Acting 1 class. I started dancing at school my sophomore year and I was opened up to a whole new group of people who I felt very comfortable being around. My best friend's name is Melynia Mamauag or Nia which is what we all call her. I started hanging out with her outside of school around the end of my junior year and this is when we got close. She opened me up to new things and she always felt like a sister to me, someone I could go to for help and always look up to. We have only known each other for only 3 years now but it feels like we have always been super close. If I could go back in time I think I would have met her earlier in my life, just so our friendship could be that much closer because Nia is such an amazing friend and has always been at my side. We have had our ups and downs but that hasn't affected us much because we know we should be there for each other through the good and bad. It's crazy to think my best friend was unexpected.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visual: Essay 2