Visual: Essay 2


  • The artist created this piece using different pieces of glass that were different colors, so I think this must symbolize diversity in some way. The statue is of a tiger, so I think this is supposed to symbolize protection.
  • This piece is life sized so I think the artist wanted their piece to be more realistic and also bigger so more people can see it.
  • The artist made this piece a mosaic, so the many different colors on the statue draw attention to it. The statue also seems intimidating in a way, so people would notice it this way more as well.

  • This statue is located by the SFSU Library building.
  • The targeted audience of the art piece is the students and teachers and community of SFSU.
  • This location is relevant because many students on campus walk through this area, so if it is placed there, more people would see it or be affected by it. Also it looks as if it is protecting the library.

  • What catches my attention from this piece is how prominent the stripes on the side of the piece are.
  • The colors that draw my attention are the oranges and yellows. (warmer colors)

  • I chose this visual because I was interested in the sculpture since I first saw it. Tigers are my favorite animal, so I wanted to write about something that I like. The meaning behind the Tiger is something I want to learn more about.
  • This sculpture makes me confused as to why it is on campus, since our "mascot" is an alligator.
  • Who created this?

Comments

  1. 1) I liked how you interpreted the different glass pieces as meaning diversity. You applied it to how it can relate to the world. In addition, the interpretations of the tiger symbolizing protection is creative. I liked how you pointed out the stripes ,the stripes on the side of the tiger was something that I did not notice at first.
    2)As a reader, I would like to know more of...
    -why you think the tiger symbolizes protection and diversity.
    -what is you connection to this tiger or the meaning of this tiger
    -why the colors are orange and yellow
    3) To make this essay stronger, I feel, you could elaborate on the symbolism of the tiger and why you think so. If you did find anything about the artist, what motivated them on making this sculpture. Your relation to the tiger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to include informations on who created this piece and the timeframe! be more detailed about why you chose this piece...
    good job Its a great start ! I throughly enjoyed reading your points !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your deep analyzing of the tiger being read as diversity but you can elaborate more on why you think that is and what lead you to think that. Why do you believe it symbolizes protection? because it's a tiger? You have a great start, I think you just need to elaborate more and you'll be good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected