Essay 2 : Visual Analysis The artist created this piece using different pieces of glass that were different colors, so I think this must symbolize diversity in some way. The statue is of a tiger, so I think this is supposed to symbolize protection. This piece is life sized so I think the artist wanted their piece to be more realistic and also bigger so more people can see it. The artist made this piece a mosaic, so the many different colors on the statue draw attention to it. The statue also seems intimidating in a way, so people would notice it this way more as well. This statue is located by the SFSU Library building. The targeted audience of the art piece is the students and teachers and community of SFSU. This location is relevant because many students on campus walk through this area, so if it is placed there, more people would see it or be affected by it. Also it looks as if it is protecting the library. What catches my attention from this piece is how pro...
1. I have never done a visual analysis essay before but I have done assignments where we had to visually analyze something, so this was sort of a new experience for me. I liked it because it seemed easier to write about a visual or something real rather than an idea or concept we can't see. 2. The assignment expectations and the questions we generated in class were clear to me. They were helpful because I could just look back at them when I ran out of information to type out. It gave me a clear outline before I wrote the whole essay. 3. The most difficult part of this essay for me was talking about the artist of my piece or who created it. This was hard because my piece didn't have an artist's name or creator on it. So, to get through this, I had to explain that I didn't know who created the piece. 4. This did change a small area of my daily habits. I found myself walking by the statue more often trying to get closer looks of it every time I passed by. This is som...
When people think of the term "best friend" they usually imagine two people growing up together from a very young age and sticking together through it all. My best friend and I haven't known each other since we were babies. Our friendship was out of the blue, or unexpected. I started 9th grade not knowing anyone at my new performing arts high school. I went the first year and a half with a small friend group and a "best friend" who was in my Acting 1 class. I started dancing at school my sophomore year and I was opened up to a whole new group of people who I felt very comfortable being around. My best friend's name is Melynia Mamauag or Nia which is what we all call her. I started hanging out with her outside of school around the end of my junior year and this is when we got close. She opened me up to new things and she always felt like a sister to me, someone I could go to for help and always look up to. We have only known each other for only 3 years now bu...
Comments
Post a Comment