LABOR JOURNALS

Labor Journals

  • #1, 2/1/19:

This week I was persistent in showing up for all of my classes even if I didn't have the energy to wake up every morning and go. Since it is the first week back I was slower in class, and I had a hard time of paying attention, but towards the end of the week I was able to get back on track and complete hw and assignments proficiently.
My work this week was messy since we are all getting back into the process of school, but I know it will get better as the weeks and semester go on.
I do think this semester will be a more productive one for me since I have multiple challenging classes and I do want to keep my gpa above a 3.0, so this will motivate me to work hard.
I noticed that Wednesdays are particularly long for me so I should have more food to eat that day and more sleep on Tuesday night so I'm ready to get through the day.


  • #2, 2/6/19:

Grace's visit was very eye opening for me. Before she came to speak to us, I had a very closed minded view on college and what good it does. After hearing Grace talk about her struggles when she was young and how her mindset has changed since she finished college, I feel as though she opened up my mindset and this pushed me to try harder. Last semester I had struggles with trying and giving full effort but now I see what it is all for.


  • #4, 2/22/19:

I feel like this week I spent most of my time and labor on my hw in my Critical Thinking; Career Development class because I was behind on a lot of work in that class so it was at the top of my priorities list. This meant that I got behind on my hw in other classes including this one. I didn't get much annotating done, which put me behind and I couldn't participate in some of the work we did in groups. We also spent time on our project which was interesting.
I don't really know anything that stood out to me since this week I felt rushed by the due dates of other assignments.
I feel like I could try a little harder in this class which is what i've been working on this past week and I did it last week but this week I was slacking.


  • #5, 3/1/19:
1. This week I spent most of my time stressing about statistics since we had tests in those classes recently. I also spent time working on the Inquiry Question project and looking for more sources to use in my research on hate crimes in SF. I also spent time working on more late accommodations for my math classes as well. This week has been very stressful because I was sick so I had no energy and got behind on a lot of stuff since I was more focused on getting better.
2. One of my main take aways this week was that I need to start thinking about things ahead of time so I can get them done and not turn things in late.
3. I feel disappointed in the amount of labor I did this week because I came down with a cold. Next week I want to try harder and prioritize my work so I can succeed because I know I am capable of doing so.
4. My topic is hate crimes in SF and I already know that a majority of hate crimes are not reported immediately to officials which is horrible because people are just getting away with being violent, and need consequences. 
I want to know what type of hate crime is the most popular. For example, LGBTQ+, Race, Religion, etc.

  • #6
  • #7
  • #8
1. 
  • #10, 4/5/19:
1. This week I ended up going to all of my classes and i've felt more productive with what i've been accomplishing. I started working on my essay which I thought was going to be hard but in reality it was much easier. Im working on the intro right now and my first body paragraph so I am a little behind but besides that I feel accomplished. I missed class a lot the last couple weeks because of stress with other assignments and classes and just me being lazy. I am working on making up those absences by going to office hours today to see what I can do to get an A. 
2. I think the renegotiation is going good and people are suggesting some really interesting and unique ideas to the class. I think it also helped my understanding of what I need to do to pass this class which I appreciate.
3. 10 weeks in, I feel like I need to get back to working hard and trying harder to accomplish my goal of ending with an A. But besides that i'm feeling pretty confident about my work and getting back into it now.


  • #12, 4/19/19
1. This week I was a little behind and I missed one class, but I am pretty much on track. I need to start reading my book I got recently for our book club meetings, "In the Country We Love" by Diane Guerrero. I also need to work on my essay as well because I was given corrections on it but I haven't looked at them yet.
2. Revising to me is looking over something you've created and making corrections, adding things, taking things out, just making minor or sometimes big changes. I wasn't here the day we talked about revisions so I did not learn anything new about them.
3. Revision Plan -
* 3 hoc: Dance finals
* 1 moc: Essay
* 1 loc: Read for book clubs


  • #13, 4/26/19
1. I didn't do so well this week with my high order concern, middle order concern, and low order concern. I still have all three of these order concerns to worry about right now. I am very behind this semester especially in math and I don't think I'm as worried as I should be about that. Also my dance finals are coming up and i'm nervous about them, but I know I shouldn't be. Basically, I have my priorities mixed up and I'm not quite sure which one to focus on right now because focusing on them all at once is hard for me.
2. The CSLD promotes growth and development a lot which is also valued in writing because as a writer you should always be growing and developing, just like a student.
3. Not sure.


  • #14, 5/3/19
Respond to essay 2 feedback in email from professor 
Reflect on book club process this semester, what did you think
What questions do you have about essay 2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visual: Essay 2

The Unexpected