Essay #2 Reflection

1. I have never done a visual analysis essay before but I have done assignments where we had to visually analyze something, so this was sort of a new experience for me. I liked it because it seemed easier to write about a visual or something real rather than an idea or concept we can't see.

2. The assignment expectations and the questions we generated in class were clear to me. They were helpful because I could just look back at them when I ran out of information to type out. It gave me a clear outline before I wrote the whole essay.

3. The most difficult part of this essay for me was talking about the artist of my piece or who created it. This was hard because my piece didn't have an artist's name or creator on it. So, to get through this, I had to explain that I didn't know who created the piece.

4. This did change a small area of my daily habits. I found myself walking by the statue more often trying to get closer looks of it every time I passed by. This is something I never would have done before the assignment was given.

5. I took the notes given to me and applied it to my essay. I also looked more at my first essay and analyzed what I did wrong there and improved on those things. The visual analysis feedback was just more detailed, where the first essay we did my feedback from my peers seemed very vague.
I definitely got more feedback that helped this time rather than last time.

6. My check-in with Professor Dan went well. I felt like I got myself caught up with the notes given to me and I worked on my essay a lot after my meeting. The individual notes seemed to help my writing process much more, and I'm pretty happy with how my essay came out.

7. Overall, my essay seems pretty good so far. I have finished my essay but I do think these extra days will give me time to work on it more to make it even better for Friday. I did enjoy this essay assignment because I got to learn new things about the environment/campus around me, and I got to learn more about myself in the process. I don't think I would change anything about this assignment if I could.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visual: Essay 2

The Unexpected